The spoon and the glob

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Jan 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do enjoy the soup at lunch and also the chicken salad, but I have two suggestions to even make a nicer experience. Why not a soupspoon instead of a teaspoon or better yet how about a nice mug to drink the soup, this would be especially helpful during rough weather. Also the glob, those two containers of thick ranch dressing that comes with the salad. No way to coat the leaves, it just sort of lays there on the top. So, why not have a dressing that will coat the leaves all the way to the bottom of the dish, like V&O, or the asian dressing that they have on Int'l flights, just something creamy that will mix well with the greens .

genemk2, Flyer1976 and avflyer like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I'd bet against the soup spoon happening because they like to use the same "kit" for all the flights. It saves them a lot of money to only have to cater one setup type. That's also why things are sometimes served in a bowl that make no sense to be.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least the PMCO spoon was more soup spoon-like than the PMUA spoon.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to agree with you on this, the sCO flatware is much better than the sUA flatware here. I was told that they would be introducing new flatware & china for the merged carrier at some point in the next few weeks.