The SkyBonus Loyalty Program for Business Master Thread

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Canarsie, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those of you who have small or mid-sized companies, there is a corporate loyalty program that is completely separate from the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles frequent flier loyalty program called Delta SkyBonus. In fact, neither program is the responsibility of the same division of Delta Air Lines.

What is different about this program is that SkyBonus points can be earned by more than one person in the company, allowing the company to redeem those points for such rewards as upgrades, free flights, beverage and headset coupons, Sky Club membership and even Silver Medallion elite status.

The program is free to join, but SkyBonus points do expire.

Please use this as the master thread for questions and information pertaining to the Delta SkyBonus corporate loyalty program. Thank you in advance.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a bonus going on you can get 25k for signing up, and several hundred points each for each "course" like 4 minute overviews of how to use the program. I signed up. Just remember to add the skybonus number to your profile or you have to manually add them via the skybonus site. Also add it to all your employees -- adds up in a hurry. Nice extra perk for employers. Made a nice little mint on these for free skyclub members, gold status, etc.

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you have a link?
    I add all my friends who flew DL, even after a year. Points are posted next day.

Skyvillager likes this.
  4. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    SB2011NEW
    is the promo code to use when you sign up.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    You will need a Federal Tax ID -- which you can get online FEIN from the IRS

6. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    SSN # number works for individuals who own/operate small business also. I signed up under the current promo and go a qucik and easy 22K SkyBonus miles.

techguru likes this.
  7. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know you can use the SS number, but even sole proprietors can obtain a FEIN I'd rather do that then give Delta my SS#...to each their own.

flyingdawg likes this.
  8. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been a member of the NW program BizPerks, and transferred to the DL program when they merged. It's okay if you're going to be flying, but you need a lot of trips to get much out of it. The expiration of the miles also hits me. I just had a handful of miles expire (3 year, at the end of the year) on Dec 31st. I didn't have enough miles to book anything interesting.

9. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    or a few expensive ones as it is revenue based earning. We use it for lounge passes as perks (30K for 4) and for comp Silver Medallion as I have found the awards for flight upgrades a PITA to administer.

10. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only ever gotten some drink coupons (one year when some miles were expiring), and one US-Asia coach ticket. A reasonable enough program, but not a ton of great deals, but given that it doesn't cost anything else to get awards, that's fine.

I didn't find the Silver membership or passes interesting enough to order.

11. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just signed up. I'm an individual working a solo business and I rarely fly, but I just placed my order for 10 free drinks and I still have 17,000 points. I know I'm not going to earn enough to get any great benefits, but I never say no to a free drink 10 free drinks.

They should come in handy for my MCI-ATL-MAD-ATL-MCI flight I booked with the recent delta to europe deals. I sure won't be thirsty.

flyingdawg likes this.
  12. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I try to share my drink chits with uniformed military personel whenever I have some extras on me. [​IMG](w/halo)

13. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    A couple of years ago I had used up all my PMUs and managed to use SkyBonus points to pick up another. With our schedule of only two heavy business travelers, it takes a couple of years to accumulate any significant award but as a poster above said, it is free and requires no effort other than registration and an occasional check to see if they got everything.

DYKWIA likes this.
  14. AnthroFlyer
    Original Member

AnthroFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is also an 85k signup offer available for NYC metro based companies. Must credit 1 RT before end of February.

flyingdawg likes this.
  15. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you have a link?

16. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    sounds like a good plan!

flyingdawg likes this.
  17. noel
    Original Member

noel Silver Member

Status Points:
    here's the link, but the promo code is SBCBNEW

But it looks like you have to have one RT by Feb 28th which is coming along quickly. Good luck.

flyingdawg and al613 like this.
  18. Tkey
    Original Member

Tkey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm signed up for the 85k promo but it looks like I might have to cancel all travel for the end of the month and have yet to credit a flight to SB.

Anyone want to let me add my SB # to their flight happening by the end of the month? [​IMG]

19. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is an e-mail message I received today:

SkyBonus is now the official small- to medium-sized corporate loyalty program for Delta, Air France, KLM and Alitalia in North America, giving your company the opportunity to earn and redeem on even more flights across the Atlantic.

To celebrate this great new benefit, SkyBonus is offering double points on all trans-Atlantic flights on Delta, Air France, KLM and Alitalia for the month of March.

And while your company earns points, your travelers can still earn miles in Delta's SkyMiles, Air France-KLM's Flying Blue, or Alitalia's MilleMiglia frequent flyer programs.

Here is the press release.

al613 and flyingdawg like this.
  20. I signed up for this months ago and never looked back. The signup bonuses are better now but any way you look at it, this is great for small businesses, even works if you book tix for family members. DL remembers the SkyBonus registration so it is virtually automatic. As noted above it is revenue-based, not miles-based. Nevertheless, the points add up. No downside here.

However, at least when I registered, DL did have a clear rule here: If you book a ticket and don't include the number, you can't go back later and add it in. That can be an issue for some who use corp booking depts or travel agents. Need to make sure they have this number before the ticket is charged.

21. PoorMansBidet
    Original Member

PoorMansBidet Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can't go back in and add your SkyBonus# to the ticket but you can log into the sky bonus site and enter the ticket# to get credit.

flyingdawg likes this.
  22. n301dp
    Original Member

n301dp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. I signed up for BizPerks (RIP) in 2008 for a non-profit for which I sit on the board. Between a second board member and myself, we have earned a free domestic ticket this year--a big thing for an organization with a limited budget.

23. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    A couple tips for redemptions through SkyBonus:

As 10 drink chits require just 10,000 points, and the signup bonus (no flights required) is 25,000 points, you can get 20 drink chits just for signing up, plus have 5,000 points to spare. The SkyBonus University, which takes just a few minutes to complete, gives you another quick and free 2,000 points, so you can have 7,000 points to spare if you'd like.

A redemption option in SkyBonus that is not present with SkyMiles (except as a Choice Benefit for Plat/Diamond) is the gifting of Silver Medallion status for 100,000 SkyBonus points. That sounds like a lot of points, but remember, SkyBonus points aren't as valuable in general. For example, it takes 85,000 SkyBonus points to get a free domestic award. Therefore, you could think of the Silver gifting as costing the rough equivalent of 30,000 SkyMiles (as 25,000 SkyMiles represents the low/saver level for a domestic award).

Stils likes this.
  24. The Traveller
    Original Member

The Traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have any updates on the latest sign up bonus? (Sorry for reviving an old thread)

25. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    fyi - I recently ordered a set of 10 drink coupons and they arrived with an expiration date of Dec 2014 - so they'll be good for a couple years.