The Sheraton Park Lane Hotel London Is Finally Up for a Renovation

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by uggboy, May 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Sheraton Park Lane Hotel London Is Finally Up for a Renovation

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. alanro

alanro Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll look forward to that; the Park Lane is where I stay when I am in London for work (at least, if I want the stay to be paid for by my employer)...

uggboy likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    A long overdue renovation.

ralfkrippner and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was actually surprised how long they needed to get a renovation going, seeing it's a prominent hotel in a world class city. They promise big things, including transforming this Sheraton into a "leading luxury hotel". I can't wait to see / stay at the renovated property. After the renovation, I presume many will give this property a try for their first time or rediscover the hotel again.

ralfkrippner and marcwint55 like this.
  5. Exploreeeeee

Exploreeeeee Member

Status Points:
    they do need some renovation, stayed there last year... its a bit dated which is why I have haven't revisited it since. Excited to stay at the renovated property

marcwint55 likes this.
  6. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stay there w/points often and next month again vs my Rosewood or Firmdale expense account stays so there is much improvement needed. I welcome the renovation as many rooms are odd - door has an inch from bed when entering room or portable heater, or chock full of large, heavy wood furniture that makes the room feel smaller, etc. hopefully the staff gets renovated as well as in all my stays over the years they haven't quite been the friendliest or most helpful in making you feel welcome to the city.

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Over due! And hopefully they do a full renovation not just some cosmetic works.

However with that location a newly renovated hotel will of course rise the room rates to what other hotels in the area like the Interconti or the Park tower charge. Read: double the rates...