The Sad state of American’s new F Meals…But wait, Hope!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Oct 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Status Points:
    Last weekend I did a crazy mileage run by myself from Denver, CO to Anchorage, AK. Did I mention I did this through connections in LGA on the outbound and BOS on the return? Yeah, not for the feint of heart. I saw many other FTers and bloggers on the DFW-ANC and return flights as well, so at least I know I’m not that crazy! These flights were my first on AA since the September 1st meal updates occurred. I’m not going to bore with details, but due to AA/US’ ridiculously slow merger and the fact they have chosen not to combine EQMs in 2014, I found myself crediting all these flights to US for the rest of the year. That represented a problem as no complimentary upgrade for me. Since I am Executive Platinum (and US Gold for now) and this was a long combined AA/US trip, I decided to utilize my eVIP upgrades for both directions. I booked this trip and upgraded back in July of this year, before the meal changes were announced. When pre-ordering my meals on AA.com I noticed that the ANC-DFW segment had no option to select. That obviously meant no meal and I’d [...] The post The Sad state of American’s new F Meals…But wait, Hope! appeared first on Fly2Travel.

Continue reading...