The recent DL SM satisfaction survey...

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Oct 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't yet received this...but if/when I do, I can't wait! :cool:

The theme of my response will be...surprise.... PHL to FCO! It illustrates and explains everything about DL SM.

Q: Do you credit paid BE flying to DL SM or other programs?

A: Paid BE to AS MP. Better when I can credit AS award flying to DL SM too...

Q: Why do you not credit to DL SM?

A: Because DL SM is Jeff Robbo style. It is mejor en su clase.

Q: How do you know this?

A: Because the Jeffster told us himself, on the LAX T5 billboards, in the Medallion e-news letters, and in Sky Mag and other places.

Q: Tell us about your dealings with the DL.COM award booking tool. Are you satisfied with its performance.

A: Muahaha! Actually I'm puzzled why you'd ask this because I've completed at the least seven Foresee surveys on this subject over the past couple of years after visiting DL.COM. I have communicated my thoughts directly to Jeff R. himself. He knows all this because he's seen the text. I reiterate, mejor en su clase is the only way to describe this.

Q: If you do not use DL SM, how much better is the booking tool you normally use?

A: UA MP. At UA.COM. It gives me PHL to FCO. For 100k in J baby.

Meanwhile DL notoriously offers me - 635k from PHL to FCO, not all of which is in J. Jeff, that will never go away. You did it. That's what it said. At that moment, I knew for evermore DL SM was intended to gouge and rip us off. That number corresponded to no published multiple of redemption requirements. It was several times greater than any such number. So, the DL apologists arose and condemned our reasonable critique of this outrageous demand.

Now, you want to know why we think DL SM sucks rocks? Really!

Q: If you could improve one thing with DL SM, what would it be?

A: If sincere, this is a ridiculous question. DL can't play nice with its own ST partners - actually, this is driving the anxiety behind the survey, now that yields are being affected by DL's disengagement from Sky Team and its childish games. So, reap the reward.

Star A totally annihilates ST in every aspect of functionality: published benefits, deliverables. The damage done to program reputation by the last five years of shenanigans will be very hard to undo.

Q: How would you rate DL SM compared with the FFP you normally use?

DL SM is so very bad that I credit all paid DL flying - such as I am compelled to undertake - or all elective BE flying to/from RGN, to AS MP.

I'm going to redeem using AS MP, from PHL to FCO. And it will cost me 100k AS in J. On DL's own metal, for which they will charge a large multiple.

gregm likes this.
  2. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Just to show you what I mean, note the cost of redeeming PHL to FCO next July. In J...ALL THE WAY.

Using AS.COM.

Note, all-DL metal.... note also, a mileage requirement far below anything that DL SM can offer even if their own MYTHICAL LOW is actually available! :eek:

Why DL apologists continue to defend DL SM in the face of this performance, well, it defies rational belief.... Did I mention, J ALL THE WAY?

And you waste time with SM!! Not rational, for sure.... ask Jenn here, she knows and can help you better than Jeff can!

[​IMG]

3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're making me cry!

4. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Comical! I was going to use DL.COM to test for PHL to FCO redemption in the usual way to compare with the above. However, I logged on and see this.

At first I though, ah, DL IT are smart, they know the Shark is online now and wants to enter the nightmarish whistle-blowing terms "PHL" and "FCO" into the award tool and now it responds in this way :D

But then, I saw all the outrage above and on FT. I do like their URL "static.delta.com" - perhaps the new Award Tool URL? At least it would be more honest.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile not only is AS.COM up and ready for award booking, but it yields - as you see above - a 90k redemption. ALL IN J. This is even lower than I'd expected - you too probably, hence the silence from DL apologists viewing this - and it delivers the opposite experience of DL.COM. Satisfaction and a feeling of value for those 90k AS MP....