The Plane Rules

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by MSPeconomist, Oct 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just discovered a new travel oriented website: ThePlaneRules.com. It's owned by Terry Triplett and his wife and focuses on explaining various airlines' own rules for IROPs, etc. but there isn't much of content yet. A lot seems to obviously be a "cut and paste" job. It appears to have been started during Summer 2013. I tried reading a little bit and found it basic and repetitive while also not being very careful to use terminology carefully. (For example, why not use the term "flight in vain" since that is the phrase that airline agents are likely to understand if you're requesting a refund when a delay makes a trip pointless?) I didn't find the material about fare class/cabin class/class of service to be very clear.

There's also a claim on the bottom of the homepage and at least some other pages that Terry Triplett's interview with a local TV station "broke the story" of the nine-year-old stowaway on the MSP-LAS flight. I would describe the situation as his having been interviewed on the local TV report that broke the story; there's no indication that I've seen that he was the first to learn of the situation and he then took the initiative to bring it to the media. [I found the website due to a link in the online written version of that news report.]

uggboy likes this.
  2. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    ....sounds like someone is working their 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    uggboy likes this.
  3. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    He made the local TV news in the DTW area on a feed that had to have been from MSP --- and it couldn't have happened here because there's no essentially no real mass transit that goes any where near that airport !

DTWBOB

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting find. The more insights, the better IMHO.

5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why do we need another 'version' of the rules? I'd rather hear them from the respective airline. I'd hate to be found wrong when quoting anyone other than the airline, or website, themselves.

6. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    TT cracks me up, of all of the times i've heard him interviewed by the MSP news outlets i've never heard anything even remotely resembling expert advice. Although, maybe i'm just spoiled because of everything I learn from you all on MP!

:)

- MO

KENNECTED and RnTTravel like this.