The Perfect Airport

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Quasiconvexity, Oct 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm happy IND made it there, it's one of my favorite airports except for the fact that there are hardly any mainline service to/from IND. It's clean, almost new, well kept, well lit, plenty of clean bathrooms, good places to grab food from cheap stuff to go or sit-down, one of the faster security checkpoints, and free wifi.

Quasiconvexity likes this.
  3. Santander

Santander Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not surprised at all that MUC won the "Designed with travellers in mind". Everyone loves MUC.
    Glad that AMS got a nod, I always thought AMS was underrated.

4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like that IND got the mention of Shapiro's Deli. I am originally from the Indy area and remember my Father bringing home Corned Beef from Shapiro's in the 50's! Whenever I am in town to visit my Brother, we always make a trip to Shapiro's and get sandwiches for the plane ride home. Gotta love the look on people's faces when we pull out Corned Beef on Rye with Yellow Mustard on the Flight in Coach!!! (They also have a killer Chopped Liver, Decent Black and White Cookies, and Bagels to die for) So, it is nice that I can now get that at the Airport if I am running late.

5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also not surprised that SIN made it to the list. It's probably the only airport in the world that I wouldn't mind if I don't have a lounge access.

lwkatya likes this.