The old version Ink Bold

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by lichenlt, Nov 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now my annual fee just came up on my old version Ink Bold, can I downgrade it to Ink Classic and still get the 25k bonus points?

Or is it a better deal to apply for Ink Plus and close the old Ink Bold while calling the reconsideration line (which I'm sure I'll have to do, lol).

2. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    You usually do not get the sign-up bonus when you downgrade so I wouldn't do that.

In my opinion it is much better to get the Ink Plus and close the old Ink Bold (make sure to transfer your points before you close the Ink Bold otherwise you lose them) because you can get 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points.

The minimum spending is rumored to decrease to $5,000 from $10,000 next week, so it could make sense to wait a week before applying. That said, if your plan was to buy Vanilla Reloads and use Bluebird, you could apply now to get started earlier.

3. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks MMS. When is the latest that I have to do this to avoid the annual fee on my old Ink Bold? It was posted on Nov. 1st and my billing cycle closes on the 21st. Do I have to close it before the 21st or before that statement balance is due, which would be sometime late December.

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup, MMS's suggestion is exactly what I am doing with my Old Bold from this time last year. Annual fee is coming up due, but I am holding for one week to see if the rumor about the decreased spending requirement holds true about the Ink Plus. If so, will pull the trigger and use closing the Old Bold as leverage to get the Ink Plus.