The Mystery Of Air India’s Grounded 787

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    While there's no denying that Air India is a lackluster airline, I do think they're sometimes unfairly portrayed by the media, at least in India. The Indian media seems to love to report every little Air India incident, when a similar situation wouldn't even get mentioned elsewhere in the world. For example, there was a recent report that an Air India flight between London and Delhi last December was delayed by a few hours, and they somehow linked that to a staff party. Somehow that's worth reporting... 10 months later! So I'm writing this post not to spread a rumor, but just because I find it really interesting as someone that's fascinated by the business side of the airline industry. Bangalore Aviation has a post about Air India's most mysterious 787. This particular Air India 787, with tail number VT-ANI, was delivered in May of 2012. Per FlightAware, the last flight it took was on April 21, 2014. The post The Mystery Of Air India’s Grounded 787 appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...