The Muse Hotel (NYC)

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by tondoleo, Oct 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    After my wonderful stay at the 70 Park Avenue location I wandered northwest on the island of my birth from quiet and solitude to the belly of the beast known as Times Square. Kimpton's "The Muse Hotel" is located at 130 West 46th street. 3/4 of a city block from TS. The street maintains some of the grittiness and vibe that made Times Square a legend during my youth. The Muse Hotel is like an oasis.

The lobby is dark, warm and decked out. Lots of chairs and sofas for comfort. Cold water and newspapers in abundance (NY Times, WSJ, USA Today, IBD). I arrived at 12:30 pm and was informed that although my room was not ready yet I was upgraded from my King Deluxe to a "really great room" because I was IC. I checked my bags, meandered over to Amy's Bread on 9th and 47th in Hell's Kitchen (my olde work hood), took off to The Met, and returned at 4:30. I got my room key and bags and took the elevator to the 16th floor.

I was surprised at the size and layout of the Suite the hotel put me in. The Spa Suite had a very comfortable King Bed.

bd.jpg

A large bathroom with a very big Spa Bathtub and a separate Rainshower booth. There were enough large bath towels in the room for 5 dirty people.

br.jpg

2 42 inch plasma TVs, a sofa, a desk with ergonomic chair, and a wingback chair.

The windows opened so I could continue to enjoy the Fall air and aromas and comforting noise of NYC.

Unlike the 70 Park Avenue location the Muse has both Room Service and a full service bar and
    restaurant--NIOS.

A knock on the door announced that my IC treats arrived.

Ieats.jpg

I was surprised at the touristy NY branded goodies but it was an interesting touch. I guess. I still have not figured out why the little rock and roll duck was there. Perhaps it is a clue to some kind of Kimpton promo. I will write to them and ask.

It was a very quiet floor. The service was wonderful. I was given a later check out than noon which fit my departure schedule.

I did not eat at the hotel restaurant NIOS. I had made a reservation via Open Table and forgot to cancel it. However, NIOS gave me the credit and OT the points. Is this an opportunity for OT points?

I had a very nice stay at The Muse and would return. A great location for the Times Square/Hell's Kitchen/Rockefeller Center/Theater scene. Easy access to the subway for Rockefeller Center right around the corner on 47th and 6th Avenue.

I have said it before here on MP. Check out the Kimpton chain to see if it works for you. It is great. Outstanding customer service, great snacks, wonderful restaurants, and lots of award nights via stays and 8 inner circle comp nights.

dmel, uggboy and MSYgirl like this.