The Most Ridiculous Airline Aspiration Of The Century…

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    "Dream big," they say. I don't actually know who "they" are, but I think "they're" wrong. "They're" the reason there are so many actors/models/singers/servers in LA, right? Last week I wrote a post about La Compagnie, the French all business class airline which launched flights last summer between Paris and Newark. La-Compagnie-4 They add a ton of value to the market given their cheap fares, though I'd argue their business model is flawed. There's a reason every all business class transatlantic startup has failed, and it's not because they necessarily did it wrong. It's because there's simply not a big enough market for it, especially in a recession, and they don't typically have the capital to weather downturns. And that doesn't even account for the fact that these ventures typically aren't even profitable when the economy is good! Most interesting is that La Compagnie will soon launch service between London and Newark. This wasn't originally their plan, as they were first going to add a second daily service between Paris and Newark. If they had intended to ramp up international service out of Newark as opposed to Paris, surely they wouldn't have branded the airline entirely around how French it is. The post The Most Ridiculous Airline Aspiration Of The Century… appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...