The Metropolitan Opera: Die Walkure Sweepstakes - DL 4/10/11 US

Discussion in 'New York Area' started by AmericanGirl, Mar 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

(1) Grand Prize: Consisting of two tickets to the Saturday, May 14 matinee performance of Die Walküre at the Metropolitan Opera; round trip coach airfare for the Winner and an accompanying travel companion on American Airlines between the American Airlines-serviced airport closest to the Winner’s residence and a New York City airport; and hotel accommodations at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in one room for the nights of May 13 and 14, 2011.

ARV of prize: $3,447

Open only to natural persons who are United States citizens or legal residents at least 18 years of age who submit an entry from within the United States.

Only (1) entry per person, per household and per email address
    Gargoyle, Wurm and viguera like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Never seen Die Walküre but I've been to the Met plenty of times... it's an awesome experience and highly recommended. Don't be put off by thinking it's stuffy or too formal, most people that attend anything other than the gala show up with business casual (after work) clothes.

I'll sign up just for the hell of it even though I'm in New York. :)
    Wurm likes this.
  3. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

I was at the "gala" premier of Le Comte Ory nine days ago, and I in no way felt out of place or under-dressed in my "dressy-business-casual" clothing (black slacks and shirt, no tie or jacket). It really is a mix of all types (I did see Claire Danes and Claudia Schiffer in the Grand Tier restaurant sporting very nice black formal dresses),

The production of Die Walküre is part of Robert LePage's new Ring production. If you don't win the prize, you can see it live in HD at movie theaters around the world in a few weeks. Although the casting of the Buunhilde and Wotan is "controversial", I expect strpendous things from the Act One Siegmund and Sieglinde, Jonas Kaufmann and Eva Marie Westbroek (fresh from her triumph as 'Anna Nicole' at Covent Garden in February).
    Gargoyle likes this.