The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection®

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by adrianors, Jan 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys,

I am going to stay at The Lexington in NYC in late February, I found a great deal (104.00/night) with them so I booked two nights. Since I am just Silver, no chances for upgrade.. so I probably will stay in a one queen bedroom. But, since I am going there with my wife and baby, I was wondering if any of you guys already stayed there and could tell me if thats reasonable.. I also booked, just in case I decide to cancel the Lexington, the DoubleTree that is kind of 2 blocks from The Lexington and it will cost me around 30 bucks more.

uggboy, dmel and MSYgirl like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't stayed at the Lexington and decided against it after reading reviews on a few different websites, but others may have had personal experience to share. Since I see your shiny gold HH emblem, DoubleTree is known for upgrading when space is available, and apparently people rave about their cookies. I have an upcoming stay at a DoubleTree for one night and was told to expect an upgrade by HH when they booked me (of course nothing in life is a guarantee, plus your hotel is in NYC and my stay is local so I might have better luck :p).

uggboy and adrianors like this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They aren't $30 worth of good. ;)

adrianors likes this.
  4. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would the upgrade + free wifi + breakfast be $30 worth?

uggboy likes this.
  5. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep.. I might stay at the DoubleTree.. the perks are nice.. lets see if there is anybody here to say something good about the Lexington.. is a Marriott Autograph, but so cheap that scares me.. I need advice! lol

uggboy likes this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not to me, but that's a personal choice. In NYC 'd grab a quick bite at one of the many deli/bodegas in town rather than powdered eggs in a hotel lounge. And even if paying for wifi I don't think the $30 covers the difference. The upgrade is a wildcard and that could be nice, particularly if traveling with the kid (something I don't deal with personally) but there are no guarantees on that. What's the gamble worth??

adrianors likes this.
  7. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    30 bucks total (for 2 nights).. and just afraid of getting a really small room at the Lexington.. I dont know about the DoubleTree but even the small rooms dont look that small.. what do you think? I am thinking more about space than anything else.. (I guess I should check the square footage).

uggboy likes this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is NYC. Our hotel rooms are small pretty much everywhere. :oops:

9. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    So true.. :(

uggboy likes this.