The LAX Parking Thread:

Discussion in 'LAX/SNA/LGB/BUR | Los Angeles Area Airports' started by chemist562, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    I wanted to start this thread because LAX is the airport I mostly fly out of. Getting decent deals on parking (and ease of getting to/from the terminals) is part of our travel experience.

lisamcgu and iloveawardtravel like this.
  2. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    One place I park if on a 3-5 day trip is www.easypark.com. They have sent me a 1 day off coupon (min 3 days) and I have e-mailed them and asked if they can send me a 2 day off coupon (min 4 day stay). Those coupons are usually good until the end of the month. They charge $12 (including LA City tax) and is reasonably close to the airport. The lot is ground level & patrolled. The one thing to be aware of is they may stop at the Sheraton as they pick up/drop off those passengers too.

For shorter trips such as 1 day, I parked in various places.

I'll add more to this thread as time goes on.

lisamcgu likes this.
  3. Phineas
    Original Member

Phineas Silver Member

Status Points:
    For one day (or even two day) MR's or trips, you can always park on 96th Street by the renaissance, take the Renaissance shuttle to and fro; you only have to know your street sweeping days to avoid. never had an issue with this method

lisamcgu likes this.
  4. calwatch
    Original Member

calwatch Silver Member

Status Points:
    For one day trips, I either use the Green Line legitimately from its eastern terminus, or the Aviation Green Line station. If the shuttle bus driver checks (like the sign says they do), just present a TAP card or discarded rail ticket from the ground.

lisamcgu likes this.
  5. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I park exclusively at The Parking Spot (Sepulveda location). My company has a 20% discount with them. Their rates are not cheap, but it's easy to find 20% off coupons and coupons for steep discounts on their valet parking service. Their shuttles are always clean and run frequently, and they give you a free bottle of water when you arrive and depart.

6. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.aboutairportparking.com/los-angeles-international-airport-parking

I have used AboutAirportParking.com often, for some good rates online. They require advance reservation, for which you pay $1- $2, then you take your confirmation printout to the parking venue on the day you park. Found good rates -- I have often used the valet parking rate at the Hilton Hotel - it's discounted on this site, and it works for me to have a comfortable place to park when arriving very early for early morning departures.

lisamcgu and iloveawardtravel like this.
  7. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here though I get 25% off, makes the roof rate quite reasonable given the level of service if I am paying for it personally on weekend trips.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin and lisamcgu like this.
  8. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know this doesn't apply to most, but if in the Ventura or Santa Barbara area, a nice option is to park at the Oxnard airport and take the direct shuttle to LAX.

Info - $35 ea way or $65 rt from Oxnard Airport direct non-stop to LAX (@1 1/2 hr drive) 8 times per day, 365 days a year, starting at 4:45 am. They have been going there for 27 yrs.

http://www.venturashuttle.com/schedule.html

They also go to BUR and other airports and places.

stimpy and Skyvillager like this.
  9. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Forgot to shout out to chemist562 -
    Hope all is well, miss our dinners at Siam!

Skyvillager likes this.
  10. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ditto. I also get 25% off with the company discount, which makes parking about $10.50/day. It's still not the cheapest, but manageable. For short weekend trips, it's only a few dollars extra for no hassle pickup. With the frequent parker, you can think of it as being further discounted because you get a free day after every 7 paid days. My only concern is I tend to fly at busy times, and sometimes, the roof can get full, at which point, you move to covered parking and get ripped off; this happened to me once.

lisamcgu likes this.
  11. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This happens to me, as well, usually during the summer and spring break season. I also build in the cost of a car wash to clean the schmutz off my car from the rooftop parking. If it's only a 3-day trip, it's somewhat of a wash (no pun intended), but on the 4-day trips, I hate paying $4/day extra for covered parking.

I get $13.95 valet parking coupons in the mail, which I always throw out since you cannot use them with your corporate discount. However, and I am thinking of keeping a stash in my car, since $13.95 for valet parking with no corporate discount is better than $17.95 (or whatever it is) for covered parking with a 20% discount. I believe that you can still get your points if you hand your Spot Card to the cashier when exiting.

lisamcgu and FlyMeToTheLooneyBin like this.
  12. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can still get your points by handing the card to the cashier. I've had issues with the Sepulveda lot machines thinking I was still on the premises, so I had to deal with the cashier many times.

Our corporate discount applies to everything, including valet. I still don't valet because it seems much steeper than I'd pay to park my car.

I have two cars. I park the junker. No washing fees. :)

Oh, I should also mention that the fees are taxed by LA, so the all-in price is 10% more. $10.50 + 10% is the total cost per day for me.

I usually park for four days. I usually take the bus or taxi if it's longer than that.

lisamcgu likes this.
  13. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
  14. I don't live in LA any more, but I used Fox Auto Park all the time. It used to be $5.95 a day, then went up to $7.95, but still a steal. They use the same shuttles as the Fox Rental Cars, so the shuttles come pretty frequently. Never had an issue with them.

lin821 likes this.
  15. DanielleDW

DanielleDW Active Member

Status Points:
    I use the Parking Spot on Century, and if you make an online reservation ahead of time and the rooftop is full when you get there, they'll give you the rooftop rate for covered parking. It happens to me about 1/3 of the time. It helps to have a printout of your reservation when you go to pay.

Even with discounts/free days, it's probably about the same as airport surface parking, but it's a LOT more convenient (love being able to make a reservation during holidays) and is also safer - I'm a single woman often traveling alone, and way too many times found myself in some remote corner of an airport lot late at night with no shuttle in sight.

16. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been getting coupons for one day free with a three day, or longer, park at LAX ParkOne, which I find very convenient. If you want coupons, sign up on their site.

17. jsm

jsm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also use the Parking Spot, when I don't drive the Leaf (free parking at LAX). I usually do roof parking with 25% corp discount, Sepulveda has lost my keys twice at valet, so I don't do that anymore!

18. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't had any ParkOne coupons for quite a while now by email. Anyone know of a source?

19. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ha! Got an email from Parknfly yesterday, with this:

RESERVE TODAY FOR
    PRESIDENT'S DAY WEEKEND

20. lisamcgu
    Original Member

lisamcgu Gold Member

Status Points:
  21. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice post - I'll check it out.

By the way, the Frequent Parker club now works at LAX for PnF (I'm pretty sure it was excluded before).

Six days to a free day, even with coupon, so it seems. Not too bad.

22. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish I could say I see this van trolling constantly:

http://www.parkairexpress.com/lax/index.html

But it really doesn't look that familiar to me. More than price, van frequency is very important to me. Or, in the case of PnF, walkability.

23. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Hilton on Century charges $10/day for self-park and $11/day for valet, 2 day minimum with advanced reservation. Not too bad since you also get HHonors points for it. Just make sure they scan your confirmation when valeting. Last time they didnt and it was a bit more of a hassle to get them to let me leave (they thought I still had to pay $88 when I had pre-paid).

24. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Huh. And I could charge that to a Hilton card and get even more points. Not bad.

thesterlingtraveler likes this.
  25. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's what I did!

schnitzel likes this.