The Knee Defender Is Not A “Necessary Deterrent”

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I know the whole Knee Defender controversy is totes last month, but I just have to chime in now. For those of you not familiar with the Knee Defender, it sparked a national controversy over seat recline, after an August 24 flight was diverted when two passengers got in an altercation over seat recline. The Knee Defender is a product that prevents the seat in front of you from being able to recline by basically locking it into place. My good pal Chris Elliott, consumer advocate extraordinaire, is having his annual fundraiser. In order to take his fundraiser "up a notch," he was giving away one Knee Defender every hour yesterday. I don't get how any self-proclaimed consumer advocate could be in favor of the Knee Defender. And for that matter I don't get why anyone would actively be trying to piss people off during a "fundraiser," but that's a whole different story... Almost four years ago I wrote a post entitled "Is Reclining Your Seat On An Airplane A Right Or A Privilege?" The post The Knee Defender Is Not A “Necessary Deterrent” appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...