The InterContinental Clement Monterey CA Review Thread

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by TheBeerHunter, Mar 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just completed another fabulous stay at this property.

I am from the SF bay area so I end up doing a lot of mini "staycations" at the ICs around SF (very fortunate that there are three for me to take advantage of). My favorite has got to be the Clement, however, especially for treatment of RAs.

As always, booking the cheapest available room gets me upgraded to a 1-bedroom ocean-view suite with balcony, directly over Monterey Bay. The suites are spacious, featuring 1.5 bathrooms, a separate living room with dining table, king sized bed, two fireplaces, two flat screen TVs, and a gigantic 2 person tub that has views directly out onto the bay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TRAVELSIG, Toula and uggboy like this.
  2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

Toiletries are Gilchrist & Soames, and I was pleased to see that they've brought back the bath beads (our last couple of stays they were missing; I was concerned this was a cut back but apparently have no need to worry!)

Staff as always are really warm and charming. Everyone seems to remember us each time we come back and everyone continually says "hello!" when they see you.

The bar at the restaurant, C, offers several different champagne flights, which I always enjoy partaking of (though they are a bit spendy).

I am also very happy to report that the 2 bottles of Laurent Perrier bubbly in the minibar (which was perfectly lovely!) have been replaced with 2 bottle of Moet (a brut & a rose). There were a total of 2 reds, 2 whites, and 2 bottles of champagne. Not to mention the wide selection of regular spirits, plus sodas, juices, etc.

Another lovely touch are the orchids in the bathrooms. I really enjoy when hotels have live flowers/plants in the rooms.

[​IMG]

The location on Cannery Row can be a plus or a minus. It was quite busy this weekend but that might be due to the lovely weather we were having. We are members of the Monterey Bay Aquarium and so visit there (just a minute walk down the street) whenever we stay here.

The recreational trail goes out right behind the hotel, great for a jog or a stroll.

I always have a great time when we stay here, this weekend was no exception. :)

Lighthouse, uggboy, TRAVELSIG and 3 others like this.
  3. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have to agree, the Clement is a lovely hotel. Sometimes we will just drive there and have lunch in the restaurant overlooking the ocean. It's a very pleasant atmosphere.

Lighthouse, uggboy and TheBeerHunter like this.
  4. Lighthouse
    Original Member

Lighthouse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Beerhunter a nice report. Good to hear about the champagne switch.
    We fully agree with your strong recommendation and also periodically make the trip. The view of Monterey Bay from the suites is extraordinary with much sea life. We also joined the Monterey aquarium which is a wonderful institution with great exhibits and activities that one can spend hours enjoying. The aquarium's restaurant has great views and generally very good food. I am generally not one for superlatives but the combination of the hotel and aquarium make for an extremely enjoyable short trip that I would also strongly recommend to MP members.

TheBeerHunter and Toula like this.
  5. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points: