The Gold Guest List (GGL)

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by The Saint, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is it?

BA's uber-Gold tier.

How to get it?

If you are UK based:

• 2 consecutive years of earning 3,000 or more tier points; or
    • Earning 5,000 tier points in a single year
    If you are based in the EU

• 2 consecutive years of earning 2,500 or more tier points or
    • Earning 5,000 tier points in a single year
    Tier points from any carrier will count to the GGL thresholds.

What do you get?

• Access to the GGL Priority Assistance line 24hr a day and good email communication with a dedicated team
    • An annual redemption (aka "the Joker") which allows you to book up to 5 seats using BA miles even when there are no redemption seats available (subject to (a) no other Joker having been used on the relevant flight(s); and (b) seats being available in revenue class A (for First); D (for Club) or T (for WT+))
    • Hilton HHonors Diamond Membership
    • Membership of LIFE (a limited conceirge restaurant booking service, also offers discounts on Soho House hotels)
    • At 4,500 TPs, the ability to gift a Gold (rather than the usual Silver) Executive Club membership to someone
    • A CIV score of 97 (helpful for Op-ups)

2. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've started this as a general guide, suggestions/amendments gratefully received. Not sure about the EU 5,000 TPs route to entry, or indeed for other territories.

More Champagne Sir? likes this.
  3. G-BOAC
    Original Member

G-BOAC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Other benefit is a Gold (rather than Silver) Partner Card at 4,500 TPs. For the Joker I think it's T class for WT+ and I can't remember what it is for Economy (one would hope it's higher than V since Golds already get V class as extra award space if X is not available anyway).

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/qfc-plus/execclub/_gf/en_gb is I think the only info I've seen on ba.com about it (need to log in).

4. Eorpa
    Original Member

Eorpa Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm tempted to go for it as I usually stop once I've earned the Gold Upgrade Voucher - I understand that the points required don't all have to be earned on BA to obtain GGL - is that correct?

5. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. Correct.

6. Eorpa
    Original Member

Eorpa Active Member

Status Points:
    Looks like I might be doing that LAS - SJU run after all...

7. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    If my travel increases again this year I might go for it, though my travel has to start picking up soon. A few benefits on there I didn't know about too like the HHonors status, though the joker and CIV score are really the most valuable benefits on the list in my view.