The future of travel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Newscience, Nov 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    sobore likes this.
  2. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    That story shows "promise" for many of us. With my "good years" getting shorter, my "bucket list" has also been shrinking, though probably not as rapidly, as I would like. Still, nice to see that airlines ARE taking notice of this trend, if it is such.

Now, I sort of wonder whether my continued loyalty to UA is worth it. Yes, BC now has upgraded lie-flats on most long-haul flights, but a lot are no more comfortable, than the old UA BC seats, that were NOT lie-flat. The Global FC cabins have been improved, and the GFC cabin-crew has gotten much better. Still, should I be flying another airline? A question that I must answer for myself.

I particularly loved the spa references. We see far too much mumbo-jumbo, where a Chinese massage parlor, down the street, is far, far better at relieving the tensions of a long-haul flight. At least we can see that advertising agency copywriters ARE earning their keep, with the descriptions of the spa treatments. Glad that I am not the only one, who has taken notice.

Thank you for posting the link.

Newscience likes this.
  3. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very interesting article.

Newscience likes this.