The Future of Mobile and MP

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by IMGone, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm aware there are plans for a mobile app of some sort, but wanted to put a bid in for a stripped down version of the site. I can see the MP forums via my BB today, but the problem is the amount of data involved and time it takes to go from page to page as a result. I like the clean design that photos can be embedded, etc, etc but on a mobile device where it can be slow to start with, it can be just painful to move between pages. More importantly, what I'm seeing now I would NEVER use via cell phone when out of the country as it involves too much data. The cell providers have all upped their international data plan costs while reducing the data enough to make me all the more aware when I'm using the data portions of the phone internationally. For shorter visits, getting a local SIM just isn't worth it for me.

Wurm likes this.
  2. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completely agree - not only for ease-of-use, but a "basic" mibiel site would be usuable on all platforms (Symbian and Win7-Phone users sometimes get frustrated over the efforts lavished on style over function that usable by all of the mobile user base).

One suggestion would be to have a profile option that would allow you to "turn off" images when accessing via the mobile option (in other words, the images would be enabled when accessing via a standard PC or Mac.