The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (JPL)

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by quank, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Recently stayed at the Jasper Park Lodge (JPL) for 1 night during the first week of Jan. It was a mini-holiday from the Christmas holidays for my wife and I. Booked the room using F&F program and combined with a suite upgrade certificate to get a Lakefront Suite.

We were skiing at Marmot on the afternoon we arrived and got to the JPL around 4/5pm. My keys were waiting for me at the FPC stand outside the main entrance which made check-in fast and simple. Platinum welcome amenity was a few chocolate brownies with a some strawberries - I enjoyed it very much as I love chocolate! Lakefront Suite is very spacious with a tub and shower, separate living room and fireplace, outside area to sit and look at the lake/mountains, etc.

Skated on the lake after check-in which is always fun in the winter. I think they serve hot chocolate during the day but we were out pretty late.

Was easy to get reservations at Cavell's that night for the 8 of us. Food was great and the level of service was excellent. Server even split up the one of the kids' orders into two separate plates as he got the sense that they weren't in a sharing mood that night.

Check-out was quick and the folio was accurate. Another wonderful stay at my favourite Fairmont property!