The Facebook IPO - Happy to see the stock fall

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by schnitzel, May 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nothing against Facebook, but I'm happy to see that the IPO wasn't so successful.

Maybe it's my general grudge against Wall Street banks, but they usually make a small fortune on these deals, and it seems like that's not the case on FB.

On Friday, they were clearly supporting the price at $38. I understand that - they'd been parceling these shares out to their most valued clients, and they couldn't let these clients think they'd been sold something worth less than $38.

Today, it seems, they lowered their floor to $33, exactly. Maybe they couldn't justify the $38 for a week. I do wonder how much Morgan Stanley has lost on this one so far.

So, tomorrow, do they let it free-fall?

julielou2 likes this.
  2. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I want to see FB crash like Albert Pujols.

4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    To each his own... but it may be relevant to point out that if FB ends up being a complete disaster (it certainly looks like it just may do that), it could have negative impact on things other than the retail investors that bought stock. Like it or not, the markets are a very important part of the US economy so things can sometimes take on a boomerang effect.... my Grandfathre used to remind me that you have to be careful what you wish for.....

schnitzel likes this.
  5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree 100%. It might bring rationality and careful examination to the stock market.

6. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points: