The Easiest 5,000 Delta Miles I've Ever Earned

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by MLW20, Jan 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    Back in October, I posted about an upcoming promotion from Delta called Nonstop NYC.
    In this promo 40 lucky winners won a trip from NYC to LA. The promotion went on for six weeks with various online games and a scavenger hunt around NYC called Find the Red Coat.

I wasn't one of the lucky winners of Nonstop NYC and I haven't thought about the promo since it ended in mid December.

That was until today. I received an e-mail from Delta Airlines with the subject:
    • Delta Nonstop NYC- 5,000 Miles Just for Playing
    I initially figured the e-mail was letting me know about another shot at winning some Skymiles but I was wrong. Delta was giving me 5,000 bonus miles just for participating in Nonstop NYC!
    [​IMG]
    Here is part of the e-mail:
    Thank you for playing Delta Nonstop NYC.
    [​IMG] Even though Delta Nonstop NYC is officially over, we want to thank you for finding our Red Coats, completing missions and spending time with us. We hope you had as much fun as we did, and we enjoyed seeing your posts, Tweets and check-ins from all over the city.

And as a special thank you, we'd like to reward you for your participation with a bonus of 5,000 miles, good toward one of our hundreds of destinations worldwide. Please visit www.skymilesincentives.com/claim and enter your award code ____ .
    It's a good thing that I read through this message or I could've missed out on 5,000 of the easiest miles that I've ever earned! (The miles didn't post directly to my account, I had to claim them at the link above.)

Once I claimed my miles, I received an e-mail confirmation and the miles were added to my Delta account by the time I got home from work.

If you participated in Delta Nonstop NYC and didn't receive an e-mail thanking you for playing, you should check your spam folder. Maybe you[SIZE=3]'ll also [SIZE=3]ha[SIZE=3]ve a nice surprise of 5,000 miles to claim[SIZE=3] too[/SIZE]![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is awesome - unfortunately for me , I didn't play so no 5k miles in my inbox but I guess it's extra incentive to participate if Delta has another promo like this one.

MLW20 likes this.
  3. lbotez

lbotez Member

Status Points:
    I got 3,000 points. I only played once. I had no idea; I would have done them all if I had known there were actually points involved for just participating. What a great surprise. Next time...

4. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cha-ching!!!

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I played a few times and got 5k as well. Of course I would have rather won more, but that game was too easy to rig :)

6. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very nice, congrats. Not sure how the heck I missed this one!
    Were you by any chance in the mileage racket back in December 2004 when Delta ran the incredibly short-lived "Dash to the Gate" promotion? A few minutes playing a silly online board game was worth 10,000 points to each member of my family. The whole thing was taken down in about a day, and no one ever could find out if this was a mistake, a viral marketing test, or simply an offering from the Mileage Deities. :)

7. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Missed this as well :(

8. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did get in on that 10,000 bonus but did not do it for my wife (girlfriend at the time) too. That was possibly easier than this offer. With this Nonstop NYC promo, I was just trying to win the prize. I didn't think I had a shot at any miles once the promo ended. Made it an even nicer surprise!

9. julesp

julesp Member

Status Points:
    Darn, wish Delta had emailed me about this :)

10. CMX

CMX Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only participated once and got nothing!

Even though Delta Nonstop NYC is officially over, we want to thank you for finding our Red Coats, completing missions and spending time with us. We hope you had as much fun as we did, and we enjoyed seeing your posts, Tweets and check-ins from all over the city.

Share your favorite moments and photos with us on Facebook and Twitter (please include #NonstopNYC when posting to Twitter). We'd love to know what you loved best.

If you aren't able to join us for the Grand Prize trip, you can still enjoy our $1.2 billion improvement in JFK and our new and expanded service from LGA's Terminals C and D. Stay tuned for highlights and photos from the Grand Prize trip. And we look forward to welcoming you aboard your next Delta flight.

Thanks again.

11. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    that's the e-mail my wife got. was hoping she would've had a little gift of free miles too.

12. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I played once or twice but no magic miles for me :confused: