The Dream(liner) is BACK!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by guberif, Apr 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure Boeing lobbied the hell out of Washington to make sure ETOPS didn't drop below 180. Would have been the death of the plane. We'll see how long it takes to get ETOPS 330.

4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not so sure they did. And if they did, I'm not sure how much good it would have done. I'm normally very cynical about all things politics, but in this case, the consequences of a potential 787 crash would've been so dreadful (for everyone involved) that I think any lobbying by Boeing would be futile. The people who run Boeing aren't stupid, would realize what could go wrong, and would've mostly stayed quiet. Boeing could've made a lot more noise than they did, had they wanted to.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tests as in multiple? How many hours did they actually fly with the new battery?

I sure hope Boeing realizes that any future battery incident would likely make the previous situation look like a walk in the park. Doesn't even have to kill or injure anyone.