The Daily Meal: 31 Best Airport Restaurants Around the World

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by Rachael_C, Dec 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Rachael_C

Rachael_C Member

Status Points:
    There was an interesting blog post from The Daily Meal (I'm a newbie and cannot post links yet but perhaps if anyone's interested, the link can be added via comment).

It's a slideshow of- you guessed it- the 31 Best Airport Restaurants Around the World. Would be curious to know how many everyone has been to?

YULtide, Espan, sobore and 4 others like this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint, Rachael!
    Here's the link:
    http://www.thedailymeal.com/31-best-airport-restaurants-around-world

Rachael_C, violist, Espan and 4 others like this.
  3. Rachael_C

Rachael_C Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the warm welcome and the link! Glad to be here!

violist, YULtide, Espan and 3 others like this.
  4. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    8. Didn't care for most of them, but One Flew South is a gem.

Espan and jbcarioca like this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been in nine of them. Most qualify as the best in their respective airports, and maybe even among the best among all airports. If so, it is a sad commentary on just how bad airport food really is.

One Flew South is probably the second best at ATL, I eat there frequently while waiting for a late flight out. I know almost all the SkyClub regulars there like it, and it's better than the food court options right beside it. It was better sometime ago but lately the quality has dropped and service too. The Jekyll Island Seafood Company in the new terminal T has been quite good twice for me, but I have heard some people complain there.

La Pausa at EZE, Versailles and Icebox Café at MIA are embarrassing. None of them would merit a seconds attention outside the airports. At MIA the Hotel MIA restaurant above the hotel at terminal F is more relaxed and not bad at all, IMHO. Versailles outside the airport is famous, but not good.

Plane Food at LHR. Yeeccchh! The Concorde room is close at hand. If you've access the food there is very good and service is excellent. If not, choose the Wagamama that has excellent Asian Fusion options.

Legal Seafoods at BOS I am sorry to say, it not one of the better Legal outlets, but it still is better than most options there.

That I know there is no decent airport food in the continent of South America, including EZE.

And so it goes...

Informed people will have different opinions. I hope many express there views here. This is one of our regular pains.

Rachael_C, violist, Jett Rink and 2 others like this.
  6. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know it doesn't deserve to be on any "best of" list, but DFW is my most frequent transfer point, and I find myself going back to Realta Grill more than any other spot...

violist and jbcarioca like this.
  7. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    So do I, and Realta Grill is better than some that are on the list IMHO.

Espan, sobore and violist like this.
  8. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Legal @ BOS - raw shellfish, good. Chowder, pretty good. Fried stuff, decent if
    overpriced. Anything that requires actual cheffing, forget it. This is true for the
    ones in the UA, AA, and US terminals. There is at least one other (in the CO/DL
    terminal A) which I haven't been to.

jbcarioca and sobore like this.
  9. Tad's Broiled Steaks

Tad's Broiled Steaks Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't remember the name, but a vague description may suffice:

An international flight out of GMP earlier this year revealed to me at least, why much Korean food is still underappreciated. There's a bit of a food court on the opposite side of security (pre-security, that is), with a few different Korean joints. The crab bibimbap would keep me going back for more, if I wasn't in its home country already...

jbcarioca likes this.