The Copacabana of Inspector Espinosa

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by jbcarioca, Jul 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are at least two fans of the novels of Luiz Alfredo Garcia-Roza active on Milepoint. Recently Excelsior visited Rio de Janeiro in a brief respite from Brasilia and in a micro-mini-do I showed him the 12th precinct in Copacabana where Inpector Espinosa works. One of the delights of the novels of Garcia-Roza is that all the places he mentions actually exist.

This thread will, over time, gain photos of his favorite haunts and some discussion, assuming that there is interest in such things.

His books that are available in English are:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...eld-keywords=luis+alfredo+garcia-roza&x=0&y=0

Some are available in Kindle versions too.

OY-JFS likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    As Espinosa leaves the 12th Precinct to go to his home in Bairro Peixoto he often passes through the Galeria Menescal. This was built sixty years ago and links two major streets of Copacabana. Many of us who live in Rio come here often just to walk around. Espinosa is not the only one!
    Galeria Menescal Copacabana Rio de Janeiro | Flickr - Photo Sharing!.jpeg
    For lunch and sometimes dinner Espinosa goes to a small Arab restaurant. This is it! Several of my family members also go here, including me. Rio has quite a few Arab restaurants, including a few that are Lebanese, like this one. It is cheap and very good!
    Restaurant Baalbeck.jpg

OY-JFS and unroadwarrior like this.