the coolest Crowne Plaza anywhere??

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by jonspencer, Dec 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    just stayed a few nights on points at the Z Ocean on Miami Beach, usually the most expensive IHG property in Florida. Not too long ago you could book for 25k points nightly, no surprise that it is now a whopping 45k points. (IC Chopin Plaza is 35k points nightly and recently much improved)

this is the most boutique-like CP that I have stayed at, you do not see many references to IHG or CP but Platinum recognition was good with upgrade to penthouse suite, even gave you gift points on reward stay + a bottle of wine.

the overall hotel is bigger than it looks from the street but I think the weak point is the pool, a bit small for as many rooms as they have.

however the location is unbeatable for that part of SoBe with the ocean right across the street, definitely center of the tourist area and easy access to the boardwalk that goes quite far north along the beach

I usually stay at the IC but this is a cool property. Happy New Year to all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Newscience, uggboy, MX and 1 other person like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pretty cool indeed. :)

Flyer1976 and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting, jonspencer! This is a good one to know about when visiting South Florida! ;)

Flyer1976, jonspencer and uggboy like this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I might book this one for when I'm in Miami in February. :D

uggboy likes this.
  5. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.