The consistent degradation of service for loyal UAL customers

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by mail4me.jy, Apr 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mail4me.jy
    Original Member

mail4me.jy Active Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for the rant. Sorry my facts were not up to your standards. Be well.

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The co-pay on international upgrades is not $750 each way and it has been around for a few years now. It maxes out at $600 each way between North America and Asia and decreases with higher fares. Full details can be found here: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/mileageplus/awards/travel/PrintAwardChart.aspx?O=US&D=AN&P=U.

If you can find a $3000 biz fare from North America to Asia then that is a quite good deal and would be a better move than spending miles on the upgrade.

Neither the CC folks nor families with small children board prior to Gold elites.
    You mean the folks paying the same for a lounge membership? No doubt that the lounges are more crowded in many cases but It isn't clear that this is related to CC folks and even if it were they are the same folks who could have spent the same $400 on a membership for the club instead.

Get the facts straight and the rant might have a bit more value. As originally crafted, however, it is just another bit of uninformed FUD.

4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Specifically, here's the official chart for boarding groups:

[​IMG]

Gold is group 3. The lowest group number a credit card gets is 4, and that's the spendy card; most would be in 5 (presuming they lack other status). Families go after group 5.

redwoman, rwoman and perryplatypus like this.
  5. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    And of course said major Asian carriers' agents would laugh in your face if you dared try to earn 100% miles, much less upgrade using miles at any cost, on many of the TPAC fares you purchase from United.

PhlyingRPh, redwoman and desamo like this.
  6. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You mean, the intervention of elites who fly more than you (or someone else similarly situated)? What's next, complaining that GS members get to board before Silvers?

Does this even matter? Is UA a false international carrier?

A lowly Gold? No nuts for you!

:rolleyes:

redwoman and desamo like this.