"The Club": new PP lounge in ATL F

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MSPeconomist, Jul 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Priority Pass has announced the opening tomorrow of its new lounge, called The Club, on the mezzanine level of ATL F. It has over 7,000 sq ft of space, with a capacity of 143. Facilities include showers and premium beverages for purchase, presumably with non premium alcohol for free.

During August and September of 2013, PP members can bring in one guest for free.

uggboy likes this.
  2. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget Lounge Club- free with Ink Bold (first 2 visits). The Lounge at SJC is awesome, so hoping this is too.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    LH is shutting down their lounge in E and using this one for their passengers. I'm betting it is rather decent.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Next month I will check it out myself several times. Let's hope it's great, although the SkyDeck on the ATL DL F lounge has gotten some good reviews and I find that lounge itself to be fine.

Flyer1976 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure even the free alcohol is way better than in the Skyclubs. I've been very satisfied at the few The Club facilities I've been to and I will certainly try this over Delta's if I have the time.

6. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was in the SC F lounge finally. I liked the sky deck concept as well. The lounge - is OK......odd layout, that I found to be a bit crowded, esp the "upstairs" area. But then again, it was as the flights for Europe were getting ready to go.

7. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if Priority Pass Select is included.

David

8. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure I'd agree, unfortunately. At DEN, LH uses the crappy United Clubs, which are on a whole different concourse, rather than pay for access to AA/BA club.

9. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Any idea what LH is paying to send a passenger to this lounge? I assume it's a reasonable cost savings for them.

10. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it is.

DiverDave likes this.
  11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'd assume it is a decent savings as well.

My recollection from the "good old days" was that AmEx paid Continental ~$18 per person. I'm guessing that's in the ball park of rates still, maybe up to $25 or so these days. Back out lease, F&B and employee costs and I'd bet the contracting out of the service saves a decent chunk of cash.

12. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Oh, I can't imagine LH had enough premium traffic at ATL to make it worth having their own lounge. As you say, with lease and labor, it would take a whole heck of a lot of folks at $18-$25 a pop to NOT make it worth it to send them somewhere else. IAD is another one where I wonder if they make a profit. They have a decent amount of traffic but I can't say I ever see that lounge crowded except late afternoon. They have reduced hours but I imagine their lease is quite high.

13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, though they do offset the numbers at IAD a bit with the SAA flight and a few other partners. I really don't understand why they're open in the morning at all unless it is for partner operations. But even that seems hard to justify cost-wise.

14. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    They get the occasional payment from UA when I go in there, but it's always empty except around 5pm. I guess I understand why they have a club at IAD, with partner traffic and some political travel but it still seems like a marginal location. I'm guessing it loses money but not enough to justify shutting it.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  15. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems to be. In fact, AFAIK the difference between PP and Select is the UA lounges.

16. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I saw an add for the Club when I was in terminal F. I think it was 25 or 35 to enter (one day). But I wonder if they won't expand the network. A "non affiliated" lounge is not a bad thing.