The Campsite For Our Safari

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Camping would be the appropriate lodging for a safari, I thought. Sure, there are options where you can spend thousands of dollars for a “luxury” safari experience; but to me, that would seem to --- the point about going on a safari in the first place. Even though there are two lodging options from which you could choose through Nomad Africa Adventure Tours pertaining to this the tour on which I participated — a camping option and an “accommodated” option, which cost approximately $85.00 more — all participants of the safari get the same accommodations at this campsite, where two of the three nights are spent. I will cover the third night in a future article. After being on the road for three hours — we had departed from the Sentrim Boulevard Hotel in Nairobi and traveled through the Great Rift Valley — we stopped off at what was to become our home for the next two nights: a campsite where we can... The post The Campsite For Our Safari appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...