The Best Headphones You Can Buy Under $20

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Dec 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://lifehacker.com/the-best-head...eed:+lifehacker/full+(Lifehacker)&utm_content=

[​IMG]

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get great sound. High end, pricey headphones definitely have their place, but if you know what to look for and shop smart, you can get surprisingly good audio for around $20. Here's what to look for, and some suggestions to get you started.

Choosing the right pair of headphones can be tricky, and is definitely a matter of personal taste (no matter how many comments, forums, and Amazon reviews try to tell you otherwise), but there are some commonalities that can give you great sound on a budget.

To get you started, we've discussed some great headphones, some great in-ear models, even some solid headphones designed for exercise, and noise cancelling models for the office. Now let's look at some budget friendly models you won't feel bad about tossing in your bag as you run to catch a train, or manhandling while you're doing yardwork or cleaning around the house.

Read More: http://lifehacker.com/the-best-head...eed:+lifehacker/full+(Lifehacker)&utm_content=

2. Miles
    Original Member

Miles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, to start off this discussion, I found some $8 "Sentry" on-the-ear headphones at a Big Lots store. They sound decent, a lot better than the in-the-ear headphones I was using, and they are comfortable for fairly long periods of time. When I opened the box I was pleasantly surprised to see that they even fold up into a small volume.

sobore likes this.
  3. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:

What do you recommend for over-the-ear headphones that have AM radio so I can listen to sports radio while at sporting events? Need something that can receive a strong signal even inside dome stadiums and shut out crowd noise.