The Best And Worst Airlines For Holiday Travel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Nov 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/micheli...e-best-and-worst-airlines-for-holiday-travel/

Grab your rolling bag, and pack your patience. The holiday air travel season is about to begin. And if you want to have a stress-free trip, the best advice we can give is to fly west.

Airlines with operations based west of the Rockies boast the fewest flights that arrive late during the holidays, according to data compiled for Forbes.com by FlightAware.

Leading the pack of the best airlines for holiday travel is Hawaiian Airlines, followed by another Pacific Coast-focused carrier, Alaska Airlines. Conversely, the worst airline for holiday travel is New York-based JetBlue Airways, with ExpressJet, a regional carrier, coming in next to last, according to the FlightAware data

Read More: http://www.forbes.com/sites/micheli...e-best-and-worst-airlines-for-holiday-travel/

Newscience likes this.
  2. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    They're missing one more carrier for the worst airlines list:
    Allegiant Air.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, yes, being in Hawaii during the holidays, and flying on Hawaiian Airlines! Priceless! :)

4. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    The worst airline for holiday travel is of course whatever airline I happen to be booked on. I'm scheduled to leave next Wednesday for Thanksgiving, and of course I'm returning Sunday night - the two worst days for air travel. Time to rent a copy of "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" for pre-holiday preparation!

5. But seats are not flat in Business really

6. nathan.anthony82

nathan.anthony82 Active Member

Status Points:
    The worst airline award would definelty have to be calculated by: the staff, the amount of cancelations/ delays and perks.
    Even with Delta's soon to be cutbacks in some of their skymiles programs, I definetly think its one of the better American Flagged airlines.
    As far the for the smaller sized American Flagged airlines, Hawaiian has been pretty good.

Worst... that award would definetly go to United, united attempting to re-vamp their fleet with pay for WIFI. Although they do refund it generally if it doesnt work. Which it doesnt half the time, and before you say yes it always works... well then you dont fly over the artic circle and canada much on united than.
    Southwest for the smaller airlines.

The reason I diffrenciate the two Larger vs smaller airlines, is the service, rewards and creature comforts are all diffrent.

7. Hello Nathan I am new too