The Back Bay Hotel (Doyle Collection), Boston

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by rajuabju, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Wife and I stayed here recently for a nice 4 night vacation.

We used priceline, and I had pretty much been able to narrow it down that we'd get this hotel or one other, and with some good luck, we got a room at the Back Bay Hotel for nearly 30% off their best website rates.

This was truly a memorable boutique hotel. High end finishes, very helpful and wonderful staff all around.

Room was small, but not cramped. Furniture and decor were high end, and very well maintained, as was the bathroom (fairly spacious, IMO).

I was particularly impressed by the concierge staff, who provided us with numerous recommendations on restaurants, all of which we absolutely lovedddddd. They had very strong follow up, leaving me msgs each time a reservation was confirmed.

Onsite restaurant was Stanhop Grill. It was nice, but never very busy. A little overpriced, IMO.

They also had an on-site bar, Cuffs, which was great. Was pretty busy both friday and saturday nights. good selection of drinks and friendly staff.

Location was great. Near everything in Boston. we rarely ever used a Taxi, as Boston is so walkable.

I'd highly recommend BackBay Hotel to anyone who is going to Boston for a romantic getaway and doesnt mind not earning points (I know, I know, thats rare for us folks). Beautiful boutique hotel