The Allure of Miles and Points – My (Almost) Spontaneous Marathon

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

I do quite a bit of reading about a variety of topics for the purpose of staying as informed as I can for the blog. One of the things I am constantly checking out is the variety of races around the world as I look for ones that would be of interest here or that would present a good value with travel. My (Almost) Spontaneous Marathon The other day (Friday) I was checking a list of marathons because of a recent fare sale (that I will have a post on tomorrow). As I was looking at various races in the cities where the fare sale is applicable, I was surprised to find that one of them was to occur the next day – yesterday. It was the Budapest Marathon. I was surprised because I had thought it took place on a Sunday. Apparently, this year, the marathon was being held on the same day as the municipal elections. So, they had to postpone the race a week or have it the... The post The Allure of Miles and Points – My (Almost) Spontaneous Marathon appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...