The Airline Lounge Gets Competition

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, May 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Airline Lounge Gets Competition

blackjack-21, Newscience and Espan like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't this old news?

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's relevant.

4. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's good news. Because with the way things are going, Airline lounges are probably going to be more and more packed.

uggboy likes this.
  5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope the contrary. With less mileage-runners and more 'pure' elites, I hope the lounges are less packed.

6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The lady mentioned in the article must be older then me if that's even possible.

I got an invite to the then new AA Admirals Club lounges without asking for it, after very frequent weekend flights from LGA-YYZ and back during the first six months of 1969. Flew up to Toronto on AA's B727's after work on most Friday evenings to visit my then fiance (now my wife) who was living there with her sister. Those flights got me a free invite and a large Admirals Club plastic bagtag which I still have on my flight bag after all these years. It's quite thick, about 1/4 inch hard plastic, and about an inch or so wide and two and a half inches long, and has the AA logo along with "Admirals Club" in bold letters and my name on it so I don't forget who I am. I don't remember if I ever visited one of their clubs that long ago, and not being an AA elite the tag won't get me into one now of course, but it still hangs proudly from my flightbag along with many other nondescript airline's (AC, CO, CP, UA, BA and others) growing list of bagtags.

But I'm glad to see some other possible airline lounges offered that are not too overpriced so the elites may finally get their hard earned peace and quiet in their other overly priced and overly used choices. Just be forewarned that we now retired seniors with too much time on our hands between connections may also be found snoozing (snoring) seated near you in those elitely overly priced and undersupplied lounges at times.