That SUX! The Sioux City Reality Tour...?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Canarsie, Jun 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

?

Would you attend a Sioux City Reality Tour if one was organized?

1. Yes. Count me in!

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No. What are you, crazy? That really SUX!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Like everything else, I am undecided at this time. Let me get back to you...

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Only under certain conditions, listed within this discussion.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I asked a certain milepoint.com member yesterday how he would feel about a Sioux City Reality Tour, fashioned loosely after the now-famous Brooklyn Reality Tour, which we both attended.

He replied that he did not think anyone would be interested...

...then again, the originator and current tour guide of the Brooklyn Reality Tour reportedly initially felt similarly.

I may be wrong, but I believe he might possibly be underestimating the response. After all, where else is there a city in one state, a north version of the city in a different state, and a south version of the city in yet another state? That is just one interesting factoid regarding Sioux City in Iowa, North Sioux City in South Dakota and South Sioux City in Nebraska.

Please vote in the poll as to whether or not you would attend a Sioux City Reality Tour in Sioux City, Iowa.

Can anyone guess why a Sioux City Reality Tour would even be a suggestion in the first place?

tcook052 likes this.
  2. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    This could be interesting, playing the random card has worked well for me in the past and my geography makes it low risk. Cautiously raises hand as a maybe.

As to why, to misquote Sinatra "If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere"?

3. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best case we go to SUX, get drunk have a good time.

Worst case we go to SUX, get drunk have a good time.

I'm in.

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Sioux City is my home town though i spent summers out on the farm in Hinton. As for the tour, you'll see the fields where i baled hay, pens where i wrestled pigs, the silo that i used to play and dive in but luckily never suffocated in the shelled corn. And we'll visit the home of Blue Bunny Ice Cream in LeMars, IA. We'll walk my old neighborhood and even visit the old Dairy Queen where my cousin and I when maybe 9 years old, dressed up ourselves differently 8 times one Saturday when they were giving away free small ice cream cones ... 1 per person. And if there is time, I'll even re-visit with you the banks of the Missouri River where in playing in the quicksand areas almost got swallowed up if not for a fisherman walking by who threw us (the cousin and I) a tree branch. Too bad the stockyards are gone or we might have enjoyed some fairly pungent air -- truly appreciated by the farm boys.

Sioux City, home of:
    Jolly Time popcorn
    Blue Bunny Ice Cream
    and the inspiration of Sioux City Sassparilla

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's also a Sioux Falls, South Dakota, which is about 50% larger, in terms of population, than Sioux City and is about an hour and a half away. It has better hotel and restaurant offerings. The center is sort of nice, with some restored historic buildings and a park with the falls. It reminds me of Greenville, SC.