That Special Moment When The Border Officer Says…

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

“You are going to have to help me out here because this makes no sense at all!” As a Global Entry participant, I have not had to speak with a US CBP officer at Passport Control in several years. While it is always a nice feeling reentering the US, being able to just blitz through the immigration/passport control/customs process is even better. Sure, I no longer get the “Welcome back the US” but I am willing to deal without it. Read more: Guide To Global Entry I do deal with border officers when I leave/return to the EU, but that is normally not an issue at all. The only place I ever really need to talk about my passport/visas/stays is Israel as they are quite thorough with their visitors when leaving the country. However, I had that interesting moment with a border officer the other day in London. Here was the exchange: Officer: Where did you come from? Me: Abu Dhabi Officer: How long will you be in the UK? Me:... The post That Special Moment When The Border Officer Says… appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...