"Thanks for calling the Global Services line"

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Mar 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Twice in the past couple of weeks I have been greeted with, "Thanks for calling the Global Services line. This is <name>. How many I help you, Mr. TravelerRob?"

Oddly both times it's been on J-class tickets that I purchased. The first lady immediately transferred me to the 1K line after pulling up my account. The lady today worked with me and never said anything about me being "only" a 1K.

I have two other J-class tickets booked for the next three weeks (one to China and one to Germany). I wonder if UA is sending J-class paid tickets to GS line now? My account online still shows 1K and I haven't spent enough to get to GS yet this year IMO.

Anyone else experience this?

My issue today was a misconnect due to a late arrival of the inbound. I was scheduled LGA-DEN-SEA but LGA-DEN would have caused a misconnect. The agent initially told me I would be stuck in DEN and would have to take the next flight. After telling her I didn't want a four hour connection I asked her to put me on JFK-SFO-SEA which she ultimately did. It may have helped that the DEN-SEA late flight is zeroed out so she couldn't put me on it if she wanted to.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every now and then 1K calls will roll to the GS desk if they aren't too busy. I've had it a few times.

8MiHi and mht_flyer like this.
  3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, thanks. First time it's happened and it's also the first year I'm allowed to book J class. Thought maybe that was the correlation.

-Rob

Flyer1976 likes this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've got the GS Reps a few times and they don't know yet why I'm calling. ;)

Sammich likes this.