Thank's Delta

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by chef4u, Jan 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too often we are quick to complain, and slow to compliment. Today I'd like to compliment Delta on doing the right thing, albeit in a small way. I arrived at YYZ today for a flight to DTW. The weather was iffy, so I politely asked the agent if I could get onto an earlier flight , just in case the weather took a turn for the worse. FYI, I have no status on Delta. Much to my surprise, the agent got me on to an earlier flight with no change fee. Of course, being on CRJ with a row to myself, didn't hurt. Thanks Delta!

rwoman, iolaire, Gargoyle and 2 others like this.
  2. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    You were lucky. They pre-emptively cancelled my flight out of DTW. I am amazed there was an empty seat on a DL plane. Someone from rev. Mgmt is going to be fired!!

Gargoyle, flyingdawg and Davescj like this.
  3. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will way, DL gave me 5K bonus miles for a delayed (weather later mx, same plane) that eventually went MEM- STL 5 hrs late. So I guess each hour is worth 1K miles :D. I did not bother to ask for anything. I was surprised by the miles. But I would have been much happier had they given me 5K MQMs.;)

Gargoyle and flyingdawg like this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I had an 8 hour weather delay earlier this month. I wonder if they'll offer anything. I assume there is no point in my bringing it up, since it was a weather cancellation of one segment.

USAF_Pride likes this.
  5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can just see the response letter:

Dear Mr. Gargoyle,

We value you as a <insert level here> medallion member. We have yet mastered the ability to control the weather. We are sorry for any inconvenience our lack of ability has caused you.

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    :p

Yup, I wasn't going to ask. If there was a shot at getting MQM's, sure, I'd go for it, but not for sky lire.

USAF_Pride and DeltaExpert like this.
  7. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know.......you can always ask...I did not ask either and got the email within 24 hrs of the flight.

Besides.....spending lots of sky miles makes me feel rich.....it is sort of like monopoly money.

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good analogy since Monopoly money is as worthless as SkyPesos. :p

Sorry I couldn't resist making that snark. :D

Gargoyle and USAF_Pride like this.
  9. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received the "email" for my Monday flight that was cancelled. I didn't request it. Although the sting was taken away as I took a VDB that day also.