Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by Alfred Colognhe, Nov 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. I have never been to Thailand and am wondering if The Siam or Oriental Hotel would be good. Because I am thinking of seeing Chaing Mai and Chaing Rai. I am just wondering what you think about those hotels?
    uggboy, Kalboz and MSYgirl like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Welcome to MP! :)

I don't have any information about the hotels you mentioned, but I'm sure someone here has been to them and can be of more assistance.
    uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  3. It will be great trip, I am most likely going to Four Seasons it
  4. Does anyone know something about Thailand and if Bangkok has 10 days of sightseeing
  5. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

I would not spend 10 days in Bangkok itself. However, Thailand is quite easy to get around. If you don't want any beach time, I would do Bangkok and Chiang Mai and/or Chiang Rai. Alternatively, you can easily fly to Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia from Bangkok in an hour or so if you wanted to do Bangkok and somewhere else.

In Bangkok, allow 1 day for the temples and Royal Palaces (tour guide for 8 hours around 1500 THB). If you like food, you can do a cooking lesson in a Thai woman's home after visiting a market to buy ingredients (2000 THB/person). Then, a day to visit the River Kwai area and maybe bath with an elephant, a day for the floating market, train market and/or fishing village and a day to explore Bangkok on your own. So, 5 nights should mean that you don't feel that you have seen everything and would still want to go back. There are things to do, so you could do 10 nights, but I think you would feel you had done Bangkok then.
    Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  6. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

uggboy likes this.