Thailand Weather

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by colt245, May 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I am going to Thailand in two weeks, first stop is Bangkok then Phuket then Phi Phi, I was just wondering if anyone is there at the moment and could tell me how the weather has been? I've been checking it every now and then but my weather apps seems to tell me it's had lightning every day all day, and rain. I know the weather won't be as good when I go than how it is in March and April time, but I just wanted to check whether the weather has still been sunny with the expected rainfall in the afternoon or evening every other day or so?

Just so I know whether I need to pack raincoats and wellys!

Thanks

astraveln and Kalboz like this.
  2. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also got a table booked at the restaurant AboveEleven (if anyone's been any idea if it's good?) which is an open restaurant high up on the 45th floor (or something) so not ideal if there's been thunderstorms and lightning at nighttime!

Kalboz likes this.
  3. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be there at roughly the same time..... you're aware that rainy season is starting, so what the weather is today, doesn't mean anything a few days from now. In May, the storms tend to come in and then leave.....in September, they can come in and stay for days.(this is what happened for me last year).
    The weather apps, will continue to show chance of showers and lightning just about everyday. Since your already going, it will be a wait and see for the days that your there....

colt245 and Kalboz like this.
  4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    We left Bangkok on the morning of April 26 at 6:00 AM and the temperature was hovering around 90F degrees (32C). The forecast for the week of April 27-May 3 that it was going to be the hottest week for Bangkok in recorded history. We were in Thailand visiting Bangkok, Hua Hin, and Ayutthaya since April 2nd, and it only rained lightly twice - no afternoon downpours that we used to. So basically it was as hot as hell ... :eek:

Here is an interactive weather map, just place your computer cursor on the desired region and it will give the averages: http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php

astraveln and colt245 like this.
  5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Restaurant above Eleven is well documented by a photographer Andy Zingo here ... enjoy the photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andyzingo/
    [​IMG]

colt245 likes this.
  6. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you Kalboz as always very helpful! And thank you Astravln. I am expecting rain, but was just curious how the weather had been so far, rain in the late evening doesn't bother me but fingers crossed would like to have a nice sunny day as I will most likely be outside a lot exploring! Looking forward to above eleven the pictures look great, the restaurant has already informed us that we are sitting in a corner table (almost exactly the one pictured above) so should get some great views, and hopefully great food I love Peruvian and Japanese food combinations.

astraveln and Kalboz like this.
  7. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm there from May 26-30th. If it rains I'll buy you a beer! And whether it rains or is sunny................ I'll buy myself many beers.

I hope we get some showers in BKK, otherwise its gonna be HOT!

Kalboz likes this.