TGI Fridays Club Carlson 1000 point signup bonus

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by daninstl, Nov 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got this unclear email about signing up with TGI Fridays and they give you 1000 Gold Points. Seems a little unclear but I thought I would share. Seems to be targeted email but hey sharing is free.
    Can we get a Club Carlson Radisson Forum now??

Earn stripes credits for delicious rewards at T.G.I. Friday's

Join Give Me More Stripes® V.I.P. Membership program byDecember 18, 2011, and earn 1,000 bonus Gold Points® and 100 bonus stripes credits, redeemable toward delicious rewards and a free appetizer or dessert (when you sign up).

Membership is free and every time you visit a participating T.G.I. Friday's, you earn 1 stripe credit for every USD 1 spent on purchases with food. Plus, you will be eligible to:

• Receive a complimentary appetizer or dessert upon joining.
    • Redeem stripes credits for your choice of 5 free food Rewards.
    • Skip to the front of the line with a Jump the Line Pass.
    • Receive a complimentary dessert during your birthday month.
    • Get access to exclusive offers, events and more!
    Join Give Me More Stripes® now.

[​IMG]

© 2011 TGI Friday's Inc. To qualify for the bonus Gold Points and bonus stripes credits, you must enroll in T.G.I. Friday's Give Me More Stripes® program by December 18, 2011 by clicking on either the "Join Give Me More Stripes" link above or clicking here and using the email address to which this offer was sent. Offer only valid for new members without an existing Give Me More Stripes account and is limited to a maximum of 1,000 bonus Gold Points and 100 stripes credits per person. 1,000 bonus Gold Points and 100 stripes credits will be posted to the member's account 6-8 weeks after enrollment. Offer is valid only to the recipient, is non-transferable, may not be sold, and is subject to change or termination without notice. By participating in this offer, you agree to the Club Carlson program terms and conditions and the Give Me More Stripes program terms and conditions. Within 3-5 days, new Give Me More Stripes members will receive an email with their membership account number, their Jump the Line Pass and Free Appetizer or Dessert coupons. The Jump the Line Pass and Free Appetizer or Dessert emailed coupons are good for 30 days from receipt.

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking (and hoping) it worked through the link from the email...guess we'll see!
    +1 on a Club Carlson forum! :)

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got this email as well. At the rate at which I am currently acquiring Carlson points it will soon have my highest hotel balance ;)

4. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like several of the properties but they seem like the hotel equal to Delta Skypesos. Not worth as much as they should be. They are running some great and easy points promotions though.

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if you're equating the hotel to skypesos or the program itself... either way, they do have some really, really nice properties -- especially if you're traveling outside of the US -- and pretty good redemption opportunities for miles or other stuff.

And as far as the program goes, even if Skypesos aren't worth much and you don't want to fly Delta, having a few hundred thousand in the bank "just in case" is never a bad thing. Comes in handy if you ever have someone visiting and you want to put them up on a hotel for free... it's better than using your own SPG points for example. :)

6. onlybeef42
    Original Member

onlybeef42 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both my wife and I just joined Club Carlson, but only I received the offer...

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  7. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mrs. flyingdawg has an acocunt also and did not get the offer. Mrs. flyingdawg never stays in a hotel and I manage the account for her. Either her lack of activity or the fact that we share the same snail mail address may have led to her not getting this offer.

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I assume they match our TGIF account based on the email address to the Club Carlson account? (I wasn't asked for me Club Carlson number).

9. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got my email response back from them:
    "Please allow 6-8 weeks for the 1,000 Club Carlson points to post to your
    account.

Sincerely,

Ryan A | Member Services Representative, Carlson Hotels
    phone 888.288.8889 | fax 402.501.9166 | clubcarlson@carlson.com

Take advantage of your Club Carlson benefits, earning opportunities and
    reward options at clubcarlson.com."

So it seems they must know how to match it. Too bad I couldn't get the points sooner since I could have used them to put me over the top on a US Air Grand Slam hit. Oh well there is always next year on that.

10. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah could be an address thing. I make sure to keep a different email address for my wife's accounts and I also try to alter the snail mail address slightly when possible. My favorite tool for this is award wallet. It's so nice to keep our accounts all together on one page. I'd sign her up and hope for the best.

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  11. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up the day I received the email, 11/11/11. It said I should receive something from Friday's in 3-5 days with my free coupon, etc. Almost a month later and I haven't received anything, plus I logged onto the Friday's site and my stripes balance is 0 instead of 100. Seems like a total scam from the Friday's side. I hope that my CC points still post, that is the important thing. Anyone else had any luck with this promotion?

flyingdawg likes this.
  12. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, 1,000 CC points posted today. :D

13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Same here.

miles and smiles likes this.
  14. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    So, they do post/exist!! (Off to sign up for that...)

miles and smiles and Lyssa like this.