TG will not be Allowed to Declare Bankruptcy!

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by Kalboz, Jan 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    MX, 8MiHi, Newscience and 1 other person like this.
  2. A_Lee

A_Lee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope the recent changes at TG will be enough to turn things around. I had a lot of good experiences in the past flying TG, but for the past few years, since the departure of Piyasvasti Amranand, the airline's philosophy and most notably some huge missteps with the ROP FF program, caused me to abandon them. I'd love to see them get someone in at the helm that can get things back to like they were when Amranand was there.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are looking at reducing their fleet by about 25% rather than making improvements even though the fuel saving will put TG back in the black: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/03/06/uk-thai-airways-outlook-idUKKBN0M21I620150306

4. ContinentalFan

ContinentalFan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  5. A_Lee

A_Lee Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a pity that it's come to such drastic reduction measures. If only they'd realized earlier how inept the management was and replace it with competent people I doubt there would have been any need for reductions. Of course such short-sightedness is common throughout all sectors in Thailand. I guess we can't complain too much because if they were making brilliant business decisions all the time, the country's economy would be booming, and then there wouldn't be any economic advantage for many of us to visit the country compared to other first-rate economies.

6. A_Lee

A_Lee Silver Member

Status Points:
    Years ago TG used to have some of the lowest fares around, at least for me here in Korea. I used them all the time to get from Korea to Europe, with normally adding a stopover in Thailand for a few days of R & R. Those days are now gone, and TG is one of the highest fares. The low-end has now been replaced by the Chinese airlines, which I generally refuse to fly. SQ often has some decent fares, but doing frequent stopovers in SIN doesn't have much appeal to me. I'd rather just fly direct to Europe, and buy a separate ticket to Thailand when I want to vacation there.

ContinentalFan likes this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points: