TG, boarding pass, and credit card

Discussion in 'Star Alliance' started by sfo1, Nov 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This may or may not be the right place to post this but since I am a UA 1K and recently booked an on-line flight with TG with my Mileage+ number, for travel within Thailand, I thought it was interesting that I could check-in on-line but could not print out boarding pass. There was a notice in red reading that boarding pass would be issued at check-in desk. No problem there, but was asked to see the credit card which I used to pay for the flight. I know there has been discussion regarding airlines asking to see credit card. This was the first time for me, I thought if any airline would ask it would be one of the LCC's.

2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    YMMV, but I was never asked for a credit card when checking-in for a TG flight. Although there was always that red notice that the credit card used to pay for the flight needs to be shown at check-in.

lwkatya and sfo1 like this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your right, I just went back and looked at the information from TG and it was on the back page, second to last line, that the credit card must be shown at check-in. I almost did not bring that particular card with me, good thing I did, or I guess I would have eneded up taking a slow boat to Bangkok:D

lwkatya and cennas like this.
  4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Once I didn't bring the credit card when checking in for an SQ flight. The agent told me that the system wouldn't let her print the BP unless she entered the last 4 digits of the card. Luckily I remembered those numbers.

Nowadays on various airlines, I'm almost always never asked to show the credit card at check-in, although there's always that notice that credit card must be shown during check-in.

lwkatya and sfo1 like this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to correct myself here. Checked-in for a TG flight this morning and was asked for the credit card, first time it happened in 3 years I started flying TG . I almost didn't remember which card I used but luckilly found the one.

lwkatya likes this.
  6. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    What happens if I paid it in cash? hmm..

cennas likes this.
  7. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    They will ask you to show them the money... :p

lwkatya and General_Flyer like this.
  8. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh boy, do I have to count the quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies too? :p

cennas likes this.