TG and *A Priority Tag

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by cennas, Nov 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I checked in for my flight TG402 at SIN this morning, I flew in J. I noticed that the agent only put a Royal Silk tag and not the orange *A Priority tag. I asked her about this and she told me that the *A tag was for TG Gold only and J class pax only received the Royal Silk tag. I wanted to argue, but she said that this time she would put the orange tag because I was BD Gold, so I let it go.

Does anyone know if she was correct in this case? Seems inconsistent with *A rules. I had the feeling that she forgot to put the tag and then made up some bogus rule so that it didn't look like she was in the wrong.

lwkatya likes this.
  2. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have always got both priority and Royal Silk tags on all my business class flights, both domestic and international, with TG and I have never ever had to "fight" for one :cool:

Think the check-in agent was at fault here, and when she realised her fault she corrected it and covered her mistake with the BD*G :)

cennas likes this.
  3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought so too! Anyway, will check and report back when I have my onward flight out of BKK on Sunday.

lwkatya and SASDC8 like this.
  4. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please do so! And if TG has changed their policy (which I doubt), just show them the priority baggage rules for *A Gold : http://www.staralliance.com/en/benefits/gold-silver-status/

Happy travels :)

cennas, SK2868 and catgirl like this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    To follow up: I flew out of BKK this morning and the *A Priority tag was automatically affixed to the baggage tag by the agent. After check in was completed, I briefly mentioned to her about the incident I had in SIN. She said there was no such change in priority baggage handling rules and that the agent in SIN was wrong. She promised to inform her supervisor about this so he could contact his counterpart in SIN and provide training if necessary. Thumbs up! :)

At some airports, the orange *A Priority tag can really make a difference whether you need to wait 5 minutes or 20 minutes for your bags.

lwkatya, SASDC8 and OY-JFS like this.
  6. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As we suspected then ;) Great service by the agent at BKK :)

cennas likes this.