Ten things to know about your lost baggage

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by gregm, Apr 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Returning from a recent leisure trip to Miami, Jerry Jorgensen landed in Detroit only to face one of the biggest frustrations of air travel: His bag was nowhere to be found.

After making several dozen calls, Jorgensen got American Airlines to return his bag. But the Michigan dairy farmer was not happy. The airline “passed me around on the phone like a hot potato,” he said.

The good news is that airlines worldwide eventually recover 97% of mishandled bags.

Interesting, but not amazing facts.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/mon...aggage-20140404,0,5685607.story#axzz2y8jEDjWL

foxberg, pointshogger, 8MiHi and 2 others like this.
  2. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm just glad to see improvements.

3. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    "The total number of lost, delayed or damaged bags by airlines around the world dropped 17% in 2013 to nearly 22 million."

That's a lot of luggage!!!

4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Evidently I jinxed myself! I had a tight connection in ATL tonight due to late arriving equipment/late departing from FLL. I made it from A12 to E35 in time to make my connection but my bag didn't! It's not lost, but, oh well.....:(

5. colt245

colt245 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can only recall one incident where the airline lost my luggage whilst I was on a family holiday, but it was fortunately enough, once we had returned back home, the luggage was returned to us within a matter of days, so not the worst instance, but still very frustrating. It still baffles me how these instances occur when it is peoples jobs to ensure the bags are loaded onto planes - obviously you cannot really know what goes on behind the scenes, but I would like to think that these people aren't so careless

6. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update: Bag was delivered at 07:55 this morning.