Tell us it isn't so. The end of the polished fuselAAge?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by jbcarioca, May 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    mht_flyer and perryplatypus like this.
  2. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the silver as is. The white paint of the smaller AE planes makes them look like something from the Barbie Dreamjet drawing board. I'd be curious what their idea of a "stylized eagle/logo" would look like, and perhaps there's a way to re-do the logo without losing the cherished silver...

perryplatypus, rwoman and jbcarioca like this.
  3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Doesn't seem very different than the other article we recently discussed which said essentially the same thing - they're thinking about it. I'll wait for an official announcement or a post on TB before I view this as a done deal. As I've mentioned before, I'm in the minority who would enjoy a rebranding. I've never cared for AA's livery/branding. :eek:

4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd prefer they leave the scheme as is, but I won't really care if they change it, as long as it doesn't look hideously ugly. And even if it did, I'd get used to it. I care more about getting to my destination safely and having decent service than I do about how the plane looks.

5. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I honestly think a white background with the red-blue stripes like the ones we see on Eagle planes aren't looking too terrible hideous.

[​IMG](photo credit: wikipedia)

Attached Files:

6. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the new "enhancement" to the AA livery *drumroll* ... :D

-1.jpg

7. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    I read in an article that the anti-corrosion spray they use on the metal won't work on the 787 fibers (didn't know fibers could rust and/or corrode) so they have no choice with that plane. The rest I'd like to stay as is though. They have bigger issues than this...they could be purple with pink polka dots as long as the customer service is good and the prices and routes stay competitive, I'd stick with them.

jbcarioca likes this.