Tell Me About LX First

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by Junca, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Junca
    Original Member

Junca Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stealing from another thread title ...

I will be in LX F from ZRH to BKK (343). I am connecting in ZRH from another EU flight, but have a long layover so will be going in to Zurich for 4-5 hours. When I return to the airport, I assume a couple of hours in the ZRH F lounge would be nice before the night flight? I've read a few Trip Reports on LX F. Sounds like the hard product should be fine and the fud good. Any other opinions would be welcome.

Next question is re: arrival in BKK. I plan on just a normal routine of getting out of the airport and to my hotel, but I should get a priority pass (?) for immigration I think. Does LX provide any ground services in BKK? Just curious.

Last question is: later this year a rt from BOS to ZRH may be in order. May also try that in F. Or maybe C. Anything to be aware of? I read mostly high regards for LX.

2. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    LX/LH PAs will be waiting for F and HON pax at BKK with fasttrack arrival vouchers.
    They will take you through either the fast track immigrstion or VIP/diplomat immigration, depending on the arrival gate (usually D4 / D6 ).
    HONs will be taken by cart, F pax need to walk. :D

I'd say BKK is the best LH/LX/OS staton in the system !

Junca likes this.
  3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flew JFK to ZRH and return last summer in First. Along with Air France First, my best experiences in the air. Seat modern and beautiful. Slept wonderfully on the way over and enjoyed every moment of being awake on the return. Great service, food and the liquor was fabulous - good reason to arrange for a limo rather than leaving your car at the airport! :)

Seems availability may not be as good now. We booked thru US Air after the 50% bonus for transferring Starwood miles - cost a total of 140,000 Starwood points for 262,500 miles and two FC seats.

The need for sites like this to stay on top of changes is ever greater and I am ever more grateful!

Bonnie and Junca like this.
  4. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The F seats on the A333 are a cut above the ones found on the A343 as the A343 still uses the old F seats but the C seats are refurbished though. If it is possible try to route through a city which has the A333 serving them if you want to maximize your experience on LX F.

5. Junca
    Original Member

Junca Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure what BOS to ZRH has, but I think the JFK is a 333? Will keep that in mind.

Sounds nice arriving in BKK (even if I'm buggy free). Didn't think LX would have such ground service there!

Also, was just reading in LH F Thread and saw a "PJ's" question. Forgot about those too! Since it is a night flight to BKK, hope I get some purple jams. I am also taking my first LH flight in F before the LX one, so I guess my first PJs will be LH's and the second LX's. How fun is that?!

6. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For the Spring season which last until end of march, BOS-ZRH is operated by A343 6 days a week and A333 for one of the days. Come summer, it will be entirely A343s. ORD and MIA do have A333s only certain days of the week.Only Montreal and JFK have daily A333s.
    Check out this post for more information: http://airlineroute.net/2011/02/03/lx-namerica-s11/

Junca likes this.
  7. I have ZRH-NRT in F in March. I believe it is operated by A340-300. What is the best and second best F seat to pick , please?

Also any services I should expect on arrival at NRT, such as fast track immigration mentioned for BKK?

8. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are travelling by yourself any of the window seats should be fine. I'll be flying the same route in April and have 2K reserved.

Since it will be the first time I fly to NRT in F on LX (I have done a few trips in F on LH) I don't know if there is any special arrival service but I doubt very much there is one. There certainly isn't if you arrive on LH.

9. Thanks NewbieRunner. I did not think there would be any priority immigration services at NRT but I thought I'd ask.

I am travelling on my own and would prefer a seat by itself so a window seat in row 2 (to be further away from the loo) would probably be my preference.

10. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although LH provides PAs for HONs (but not for First Class pax) they are totally uselesss because they can't take you through priority immigration. OS apparently provides PAs for HONs and they can be taken through priority immigration but I don't believe LH or LX provides this service and certainly not for F pax.

11. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    For my upcoming BKK-ZRH in F the window seats are blocked? Flight is 4 days away. If I rung LX should I be able to snag one of these with no status?

Jeff

12. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just rung. Advised that now in a facility seat (children etc) which could be taken away

Jeff

13. Tom
    Original Member

Tom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having been on both, agree that the new F is probably one of my favorites of any I've flown. I found the 343 seats to still be great (definitely a cut above LH, etc.), similar in terms of size and comfort. And service just as good, from my experience more crew- than seat-dependent.

14. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does LX F provide PJ's?

15. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes.

16. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any rubber ducky at the Swiss F Lounge?

17. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope.

18. In april I was in F ccs-fra-pek-bkk-fra-ccs and both flights to and from ccs they only gave to us the upper part os the pj's. In tge return flight I asked and they told me that the flight fron fra-ccs was a day flight they do not provide the pants. I told them that when I flow ccs-fra was a night flight they did not provide any pants and he did not know what to answer he just gave to me a form for first class passenger and HON members to fllid out and they suppose to answer you no more that 24 h from your arrival. I am still waiting.

19. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    But the flights you are referring to must be on LH and not LX? Don't expect LH to answer anything within 24 hours!

Flyer1976 likes this.