Telio VoIP offers 4.300 EuroBonus Points for every purchase

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Robbiedeluxe, Feb 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Robbiedeluxe Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I was going to signup either way because of their iPhone app. It's cheaper than Skype anyway. :)

4. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    You need to know Robbiedeluxe that the Telio App only uses H.263 codec for video conferencing, and much of the Cisco/Tandberg video conferencing world using H.261, H.263+ and H.264 codecs (the latter, MPEG-4 part 10) will be unavailable. A major drawback to the application is the no show of own video and we did get a lot belly shots and ceiling tiles during our test. The audio G.722 codec uses bitrates of 48, 56 and 64 kbit/s and compared with Skype is a different league - crisp and clear. But again many of the newer standard will be unavailable for the Telio App (Cisco/Tandberg uses G.711, G.722.1, 64 kbps & 128 kbps MPEG4 AAC-LD, AAC-LD Stereo in addition to G.722).

I would say the Telio App is a small step, and will be replaced in the near future with something better - like the Tandberg Movi App [​IMG]

5. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the post, Merlin — but I just need to be able to call my mom when I'm abroad. :)

6. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought the cheapest method was to let your employer take care of the phone bills?[​IMG]

GVA380 and Robbiedeluxe like this.
  7. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    With Chinese owners Someone, I think you also will notice the difference in what you get for free - it's nothing like a free lunch.

8. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Status Points:
    @Someone: Touché. Yeah, I guess I could just continue with business as usual and save me the hassle. [​IMG]

@Merlin: I actually have the Tandberg software on my Mac. Never used it much, though. The quality isn't very good when calling in to our HD equipment on-site. Besides, it still creeps me out to be the only one via webcam when there's a room full of people. Feels very XXX-rated, if you know what I mean...

9. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    @Robbiedeluxe: That's why you have to use your availability status intelligently. I tend to like "Do not disturb" while logged in on SameTime on the move. To use the Tandberg Movi softphone you need to upgrade your equipment - both a HD video camera and HD monitor - or else it will be fuzzy. And a trick I learned from a Tandberg representativ: use a roll up stand to hide what's behind you [​IMG]