InsideFlyer.com [English] United States InsideFlyer.uk [English] United Kingdom InsideFlyer.de [German] Germany InsideFlyer.no [Norwegian] Norway InsideFlyer.se [Swedish] Sweden InsideFlyer.dk [Danish] Denmark InsideFlyer.nl [Dutch] Benelux
Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ssullivan, Jul 24, 2013.
I think it's time for a new Box thread that works. So, here goes.
A reposting Teh Box Rules:
1. Ye shall read the box from teh beginning.
2. Ye shall drink only only beverages that are brewed, distilled, or otherwise obtained through a process of viticulture and oenology.
3. Ye shall have a flightmemory and/or openflight.
4. Ye shall post a link to said tome in your signature.
6. Ye shall always take teh bump.
7. Ye shall always take the upgrade.
8. Ye shall not deploy DYKWIA.
9. Ye shall not flaunt your status.
10. Ye shall expend all good effort to acquire new dots and lines.
11. Ye shall expend all good effort to acquire new airports.
12. Ye shall expend all good effort to acquire new aircraft types.
13. Ye shall expend all good effort to maximize the number of segments on any given trip.
14. Thou shall remember BBQ Thursday, and keep it saucy.
15. Rule 14 shall not impede you from eating BBQ on any other days.
16. Ye shall expend all good effort to expand BBQ Thursday as far and wide as possible.
17. Tuesday shall be the day of the taco.
18. POTD need not be awarded everyday.
19. Ye shall not self-declare POTD.
20. Ye shall not like one's own posts.
21. Ye shall not like the Yankees, Lakers, Cowboys, Buckeyes, or Flyers.
22. Ye shall ignore these rules on an as needed basis.
23. Ye shall be the butt of a joke at any given time.
24. All posts containing facts shall be declared to be rumor.
25. No one is in charge of the box.
25a. No one shall claim to speak for the Box, to represent the Box or to plan events on the Box's behalf. Boxians are welcome to plan events; the Box does not.
Welcome new Box!
@Black Cloud sent me back here. Didn't have anything on page 3, this is the closest I can get. I feel so alone on this page now. Hello? Is anyone out there?
Good afternoon new box. Time to close the old one. Life goes on. I see that the IAD-ROC flight landed only 3 17 minutes late. Evidently they had to switch planes. Even in the new box, some things never change.
Moar is moar.
Sent from a shark with frickin' laser-beams on its head
If the Box thread works, does that also mean we have to work?
I always loved the new Box smell.
Hi new Box. Feels fresh!
Ain't nobody dope as me.
Smells like low t...
WA - just tried out the new 'live' search & wanted to report that there are definitely some glitches to be smoothed out! (Did a domestic award search & results came up w/lot of int'l options to other cities)!
Too bad I can't say the same about the breath of the guy I'm sitting with at lunch right now.
I should've been more clear about what it is. The new tool is for TATL wildcard searches, not regular searches.
Only 99980 poasts to go.
ok - I guess I misunderstood!
While poasting I missed a UA 50$ off the hotels deal.
Thanks for the suggestion, however the destination has no UA branded club, and I gave up my membership last year. I think I'm going to go with DL, even knowing the I will take from HeathrowGuy, on the grounds that mainline > CR7s and US's 734s, and there are more flights from ATL to the destination than from CLT, in case the hits the fan. The extra UA miles would be nice, but 800-ish miles shouldn't make a difference either way.
Thanks all for the advice.
That's mine, too! I did it many years ago in a 727
I booked the Ho Inns in ELP & SHV so nothing too exotic but they did save me a hundred bucks!
Basic box question
Is it ok to take the missus to Montreal and leave her at the hotel while I go flying in a CV-580 and G-1 for half a day. She has no desire to bounce around in a "prop plane" (and cannot see spending $800 on an aviation barbarian ). I could just give her the money I would have spent and tell her to go shopping (which she also hates to do).
Should I try and convince her that flying old obsolete aircraft is fun???
Brit's future king is named George.
Give her the money to get a massage or something she likes .