Teenage wedding guest in critical condition after falling from hotel balcony

Discussion in 'Newsstand' started by uggboy, Jun 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Teenage wedding guest in critical condition after falling from hotel balcony

2. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if alcohol played a part in this accidental fall. I hope she recovers, of course, but these are the things that make my job a nightmare sometimes.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's difficult to say regarding the alcohol, accidents can happen faster than many people presume and yes, it was at a wedding reception, so alcohol might has played into this accident. Have you had a wedding planned for someone and there happened something like this? Would be interesting to know. Thanks.

4. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gratefully, no. I've seen stupid behavior obviously but nothing serious. We have had a bridesmaid go into anaphylactic shock due to a nut allergy. The baker assured us there were no nuts or almond paste in his wedding cake...not true. She had to be rushed to the hospital because she did not have her eppi pen with her. All turned out fine but it could have been worse. I blame the baker but really she is also to blame (IMO) for having such a serious allergy and not being prepared. Have also seen a broken nose when a very intoxicated older woman (read she should have known better) missed the steps and fell flat on her face at the bottom of 4 marble steps. Uggboy, I could write a book with all the stories :)

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your insights, you might write indeed a book in the future. Would be interesting indeed. :)